David

Posted by Anonymous | | Posted On Thursday, September 13, 2007 at 11:54 PM



~ Bernini

The David most people know is the sculpture created by Michelangelo. I know, I know, totally iconic and great and cool.

. . .

However, I figured I'd focus on a different aspect of David created by a fantastic artist named Bernini. This rendition is different than Michelangelo's in quite a few ways. The most important is that, while Michelangelo's classic is peaceful and contemplative, Bernini's piece is right in the middle of the moment of battle against Goliath. I love sculptures which bring you into the moment and are three-dimensional. This certainly does a great job. From the front, it looks like you're in the middle of the battle with Goliath right behind you.

Pretty cool!

Comments:

There are 5 comments for David