Panimaquin

Posted by Drew Coffman | | Posted On Tuesday, July 21, 2009 at 9:26 AM







Last year when I went to Panimaquin I was given a fantastic grasp of who people were in the village, and what it would be like to live their lives. I had a good understanding of how different their ways were than mine, and how they each had personal struggles and relationships with Christ which reflected this idea. Going to the village this year gave me a lot of insight on the same idea on a much larger scale. This time it wasn't about individuals, but about the state of the Guatemalan nation, and the state of the world

It was a great way to realize how blessed I am to be in the United States and have the amenities which I take for granted. Seeing people without these things always helps put my life in perspective. Being in a developing country is certainly a great way to see the world on a larger scale.

These photographs represent a lot to me because they show the state of those growing up in this climate. There are entire lives lived here, and the children play, and eat, and run, and talk - and work.

As I spent time there, and as I look back on the photographs, my mind cycles on certain thoughts.

I want to see God make an impact on them.

God needs to make an impact on them.


I want to play my part in that idea. There are so many people in this world that need God's love, I want to do everything I can to help make it happen.

Comments:

There are 4 comments for Panimaquin